This is a blog for all craftsters.

This is a blog for all craftsters. Here you will find lot's of tips and free patterns, to help you create your own lovely little friends. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

dinsdag 29 januari 2013

How to make your own lalaloopsy dress ( free pattern)

So here's the pattern and a few tips on how to make a nice little summer dress for your lalaloopsy. I know I'm not actually a seemstress but it works for me...

First you have to make sure that you have the right measurements, all printers are different and sometimes deform the image. I put the pattern on a grid so it should be easy to follow ( it is in millimeters, if you need inches please convert) The outer lines are for the seems, the solid innerline is the actual dress-size.

Then you trace the pattern on see-through paper, pin it onto your fabric and cut it out.
The shoulders have to be sewn first, so you put the right sides on the inside and pin it together ( pin as shown on picture), then sew.
Before you can seem the arm- and neckholes you make a few little snips (shown on picture) because the fabric won't bend otherwise. Now you make the seems (I do this by hand, it's a bit too tiny for me to use the machine)
Now do the seems on the back.
You're almost halfway done already ;)
For the skirt cut a piece of fabric about 70 cm long and 7 cm wide, seem the edges and the lower side, you don't have to seem the side that is going to be attached to the body. Going back and forth of the fabric pull a piece of yarn through the top side, this will create the ruffles. Now make sure that you have the same length as the body and pin together before sewing. If your fabric is thick like the jeans dress you can iron over the waist to make it go down. Maybe you have to cut off excess fabric on the inside.
I like to pimp it up a bit and sew a satin belt or some details, but that's completely up to you off course.
Then just add velcro on the back and you're done!


















15 opmerkingen:

  1. This is AWESOME!!! I am going to make my daughter a whole wardrobe for her La La Loopsy for christmas!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. aww, thanks Joni! Hope the pattern works for you! Now I think it's actually easier if you just line the upper part off the dress. Just cut out 3 more pieces of inner lining fabric and sew, right sides together. Do not sew the bottom part though, so you can turn inside-out later on. Now make a few snips on the rounded edges and now turn inside-out. Then you can assemble the whole thing and add the skirt the same way as in the tutorial. Maybe I should do the tutorial again with this method... Ok, good luck and happy sewing ;)

      Verwijderen
  2. Love this! I've been looking for something that'll help me make my (and my sister's) Lalaloopsies some outfits!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. thanks Ula :) glad to help, I hope it works out for you as well as it did for me XXX

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Cool, cant wait 2 make it

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. My friend on youtube link www.youtube.com/lalaloopsy111
    she crouchets lalaloopsy clothes and I want 2 2, sew plz tech us how 2 crouchet lalaloopsy tutu and little tanktop

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Precies wat ik zocht. Ziet er prachtig uit! Dankjewel, ik ga dit proberen!
    Groetjes, Jonne.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Hi. Do you have pattern of crochet dress for a lalaloopsy doll?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Hi Annie and Crafty Stuff 😃 I do not have an actuall pattern but there is another post here on my blog on how to crochet the dress top.. I will try to do a pattern when I have the time xxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. How did you make the skirt part of this dress?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. I saw your photos for the denim dress on this other website and didn't see your name there, just want to warn you in case they were stolen: http://visihow.com/Make_Lalaloopsy_Clothes

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Hi - just double checking the length of material for skirt. Is it really 70cm? by 7cm or was that a little typo?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen